In a letter to the editor to The Sun Chronicle on Friday, April 25, 2008,, Jon and Peg Morse, co-owners of the Big Apple Farm property and owner/operators of the Big Apple Farm, clarify some important issues concerning the Public Safety’s use of the the radio antenna on the Big Apple property.
- The Big Apple Business is owned by Jon and Peg Morse
- The Big Apple land is owned jointly by Tom, Pete, and Jon Morse
- There are no plans to sell the business or the property
- The antenna is located on Tom Morsesâ€™s home site
- The antenna is property permitted
- And Mr. and Mrs Morse wonder why Selectmen leadership and the Public Safety Communications Review Committee never contacted Tom Morse to negotiate a lease.
Actually, I wonder that as well.Â Take a few minutes to read Jon and Pegâ€™s letter it is very instructive. We have an opportunity to save the town a lot of money.Â Please come to town meeting and challenge the Selectmen leadership on this issue. Ask them why they’d prefer to spend $122,997 for something we can get for free or at a fraction of the cost.
Town Meeting is on April 28th at the KP High School at 7:30pm.